5 Reasons You Should Do a Boudoir Session
As a San Diego Boudoir Photographer, The biggest reasons I hear about why ladies are hesitant to book a boudoir session usually revolve around their body image. For some its cost, for others its something else. So I thought I’d focus on the POSITIVE reasons you should book a boudoir session…NOT the NEGATIVE!!
- FOR YOU. It seems like a no-brainer, but honestly I hear time and time again from my lovely clients, “I want to do this for a gift for my husband, boyfriend, etc”. But what I want you to understand…a boudoir session should be ALL. ABOUT. YOU. It’s and EXPERIENCE! It’s ok to give an album or wall portrait as a gift – in fact I think its a GREAT idea. But the reason behind getting in front of a camera and taking off your clothes, really has nothing to do with your husband, and has everything to do you!
- For a CONFIDENCE boost. The biggest outcome and side bonus of doing this and gaining beautiful images of yourself is the side effect of a major, life-changing confidence boost! No matter what body images you may have (because we’ve got them all no matter our ‘size’), you will see yourself differently when viewing yourself professionally posed and beautifully composed. Its and eye opening experience that usually brings tears, laughter, joy, and enormous heart smiles.
- A fresh start. A number of my clients choose to a boudoir session as a ‘re-birth’ of sorts. After a terrible break up, after an illness, after a life changing event, etc. A boudoir session is and can be such a freeing experience. It can be what catapults you into a new way of thinking. Learning to love the new you can be hard and terrifying. Let this be the beginning to that journey.
- For FUN! Yes, honestly, for a ‘good time’! I hear over and over – I was so nervous, I was worried about how to pose and what to do. Yes, at first it can be a bit nerve wracking. But after a few minutes you and I will be laughing and…yep…having FUN! You’ll forget about the lack of clothes and just get into a grove with me and by the end you’ll wish it wasn’t over. Trust me.
- For a gift. Yes, this can be a reason. It’s allowed! However, notice that I put it last. I really want my clients to go into a boudoir session with the expectations that they will get a life changing, once-in-a-life-time, confidence boosting session…with the BONUS that you can give the images as a gift. The experience is yours to keep forever.
As a San Diego Boudoir Photographer, who’s been photographing women for over 15 years, I will lead you through the entire process from start to finish, including the planning, access to my client wardrobe closet, posing down to your fingertips, and provide you with beautiful, luxury, heirloom products to remember your session by for years to come!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask! CONTACT ME!
Melisa Ford is a San Diego and Murrieta boudoir photographer in Southern California and North County San Diego and a female empowerment activist.