5 Facts About our Boudoir Sessions that people normally Don’t Know
Have you ever wondered what really goes on during a boudoir session? Here’s 5 facts about our boudoir sessions that people normally don’t know:
- It’s not about the pictures. (Well, sort of) See, what most people WANT out of a boudoir session are beautiful images of herself. That I will definitely deliver on. But what most women don’t realize is how much the experience itself will change them. The woman I meet at the beginning of the day, while she’s getting her hair and makeup done, chatting away with Mandy, is NOT the same person who walks out of my studio after her session. Happens every time. Every single one of my clients walks away with a pep in her step and a new found OR regained confidence. It truly is amazing to witness. And in the days and weeks that follow, that confidence continues to grow…from the viewing of her images, to then receiving her gorgeous products, her confidence is palpable. And this carries on throughout all aspects of her life; her spouse, children, friends, family, co-workers, all notice and benefit from it.
- We have fun! This might not be something you’d ever consider, but we LAUGH during my sessions. Mandy, my hair and makeup artist, is a pro at setting the mood while you get pampered. We keep it light and fun and we joke and laugh. Usually during the session you’ll get to see my goofy side and I’ll definitely be capturing some natural smiles and maybe even a laugh or two!
- I don’t allow negativity in my studio. It’s hard not to criticize one’s self, especially when you are standing in front of a photographer half naked. However, its my general rule during the session and during the view and order appointment that negativity is left at the door. We have a very positive vibe and only allow that good energy to flow at my studio! Also, I have some pretty good tactics to avoid that pesky negative side from sneaking in.
- I got you babe, no modeling experience needed! Everyone is so nervous about this. They think they need to know how to pose, or try to practice ahead of time. Nope. Not at all. I pose you 100%, from your hair down to your tippy toes! Also, don’t worry about that confusing lingerie, or those super high heels. I’ll help with all of that. I’m kind of an expert. 😉
- Sorry, you’re going to be sore! Before each session I warn all of my clients that a boudoir session is basically like a really fun workout and not to be surprised if you are sore the next day! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve received a text the next day telling me how much their muscles hurt…muscles they never knew they had!
I hope you enjoyed reading through these 5 interesting facts! Please feel free to CONTACT ME if you have any questions!
5 Facts About our Boudoir Sessions that people normally Don’t Know – Melisa Ford is a San Diego boudoir photographer in North County San Diego.