Boudoir Photographer | 10 fun facts about Me
- I am boy mom – twins age 9 and an 8 year old. I’m also a total weirdo. I love being weird, acting weird, and being surrounded by weirdness! Most days you can catch me being silly with my 3 boys, singing off key in the car, and doing random art projects with my boys. We love to have fun!
- I am passionate about all things animals. I would love to one day open a Chihuahua hospice and dog sanctuary for special needs dogs. About 3 years ago I saw a video of a dog sanctuary in Costa Rica that absolutely blew my mind. Since then I’ve been dreaming about how I can make something like this happen. My whole life special needs animals seem to gravitate to me. Currently I have a very special 4.5lb Chihuahua name Nugget (aka Ladies Man/ Studio Mascot) who is as obsessed with me as I am with him (kinda drives my husband bonkers). We have a bully pit who had puppies, of which we kept 2. Mama is super chill, and her two puppies couldn’t be more different. One is part cattle dog, very smart and energetic. The other is part rottweiler, and is sweet and protective. RIP to my sweet girl, Brynn who lived on the streets of New Mexico the first year of her life. She was FAST and loved playing with other dogs but very shy with people. She lived 16 glorious years. And RIP to my sweet Doogan, a 70lb big dope pit mix who’s first owner returned him to the rescue because he was a “bad dog”. Turns out he was just a normal puppy who wasn’t fond of being left alone, so he tore his owners house to pieces. We also have 43 chickens!
- I’m a a health freedom advocate and take natural health very seriously. I have a massive vegetable garden and basically cook everything from scratch. In the summer you will find me on a steady pace of harvesting and canning. We heal using natural plant medicines, although we rarely “get sick”. Going all natural was the best decision my family and I has ever made for our health.
- I am NOT a native Southern Californian. I do not consider Southern California home even though I’ve lived here since age 15 (well over half of my life now). Home for me is Northern California, where I was born and raised. It’s just different. Not necessarily better. Just familiar, small town, nice people, more rain, more trees, more of what I love.
- Maturity has brought about a lack of f*cks. Yep, I don’t give a f*ck about most things unless it effects my children or my family, myself, my animals or my friends. Now this is NOT to say that I don’t care about my beautiful planet earth, sex trafficking, world peace, and other pretty significant and important topics. It simply means that I DO NOT CARE about all the little things…the nonsense.
- I’m the guinea pig. Since I can remember, i’ve always been “that friend” that will do anything, try anything. Need something done? Ask Melisa. Times aren’t too different these days, however, I’m not going to go out of my way for ridiculousness (see #5)
- I’m a list maker and a pile stacker. Drives my husband nuts sometimes, but hey, it’s how I get him to remember! And on any given day you can find piles of paperwork stacked neatly all over my office.
- I am obsessed with jackets. I’m sure I own well over 30 jackets. WHY?!??!?! I rarely wear jackets. I actually find them restricting. But I adore the idea of them.
- I’ve golfed since the age of 6. My dad was a teaching professional, so I played little linkers from age 6-12 and then on again off again until today. I wish I had more time and knew more people that golfed, but is a great childhood memory and most people have no idea.
- I raised a steer in 4-H and sold him at the local county fair. His name was Wilber. Broke my heart to let him go. The hardest thing I’ve ever done. I was 14. There’s a full page photo in my high school year book of Wilber and me sleeping in the stall at the fair.
Photos by Samantha Starns
PS: CLICK HERE see my work.
San Diego Boudoir Photo Studio Melisa Ford Boudoir, 10 facts about me, specializing in intimate portraiture, body positivity and female empowerment.